Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles The neutral hydrogen environments of the nearby galaxies WLM, NGC 1313 and Sextans A
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/55966
- The neutral hydrogen environments of the nearby galaxies WLM, NGC 1313 and Sextans A
- Barnes, D. G.; De Blok, W. J. G.
- We have mapped the neutral gas content of the surroundings of three galaxies on the outskirts of the Local Group – Wolf–Lundmark–Melotte (WLM), NGC 1313 and Sextans A – at high velocity resolution and brightness sensitivity. We present high-quality H i spectra and parameters for the target galaxies, and find no unknown companion H i clouds nearer than ∼100 kpc to the targets, despite reaching a sensitivity of ∼106 M⊙ for narrow-linewidth objects.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, Vol. 351, no. 1 (Jun 2004), pp. 333-338
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0201 Astronomical and Space Sciences
- Galaxies; Local Group; NGC 1313; Sextans A; WLM
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2004 Royal Astronomical Society.
- Peer reviewed