Home List of Titles Preconcentration of phenanthrene from aqueous solution by a slightly hydrophobic nonionic surfactant
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/57295
- Preconcentration of phenanthrene from aqueous solution by a slightly hydrophobic nonionic surfactant
- Li, Jing-Liang; Bai, Renbi; Chen, Bing-Hung
- The preconcentration of phenanthrene from aqueous solution was discussed. The study was carried out by using a slightly hydrophobic nonionic surfactant. The slightly hydrophobic surfactant, at proper condition enhanced the performance of the surfactant-based extraction process on polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH). The results show that the increasing the temperature difference enhanced the preconcentration factors prominently but only slightly the recovery efficiency.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Langmuir, Vol. 20, no. 14 (2004), pp. 6068-6070
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0306 Physical Chemistry (Incl. Structural)
- Cloud-point extraction; CPE; Hydrophobicity; PAH; Phenanthrene; Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; Surface properties; Surfactants
- American Chemical Society
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2004 American Chemical Society. Publisher does not officially support author/institution self-archiving of either the post-print (final, revised accepted draft) and/or published version of full text.
- Peer reviewed