Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Review of CO2 absorption using chemical solvents in hollow fiber membrane contactors
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/57296
- Review of CO2 absorption using chemical solvents in hollow fiber membrane contactors
- Li, Jing-Liang; Chen, Bing-Hung
- Separation of CO2 from a gas stream, using a hollow fiber membrane contactor, is a promising alternative to conventional techniques such as column absorption. The major advantages of the membrane absorption are the larger interfacial area, a better device-modularity and more operational flexibility. The factors that impact the efficiency and performance of the absorption process using a hollow fiber membrane contactor, as well as the evaluation of model parameters are reviewed in this paper. Strategies on further development of this process are also proposed.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Separation and Purification Technology, Vol. 41, no. 2 (Feb 2005), pp. 109-122
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0301 Analytical Chemistry
- Carbon dioxide; Flue gas; Gas absorption; Gas separation; Membrane absorption; Membrane contactor
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2004 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Peer reviewed