Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/58005
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Digital quantum memories with symmetric pulses
- He, Q. Y.; Reid, M. D.; Drummond, P. D.
- We propose a digital approach to quantum memories using a single-mode oscillator-cavity model, in which the coupling is shaped in time to provide the optimum interface to a time-symmetric input pulse. Our generic model is applicable to any linear storage medium ranging from a superconducting device to an atomic medium.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Sciences. Centre for Atom Optics and Ultrafast Spectroscopy
- Optics Express, Vol. 17, no. 12 (Jun 2009), pp. 9662-9668
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0205 Optical Physics
- Cavity; Coupling; Digital quantum memories; Quantum memories; Quantum optics
- Optical Society of America
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2009 Optical Society of America. Published version of the paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher. This paper was published in Optics Express and is made available as an electronic reprint with the permission of OSA. The paper can be found at the following URL on the OSA website: http://dx.doi.org/10.1364/OE.17.009662. Systematic or multiple reproduction or distribution to multiple locations via electronic or other means is prohibited and is subject to penalties under law.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed