Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Multichannel dual-mode pulse generation for DWDM and fiber-wireless system application
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/58520
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Multichannel dual-mode pulse generation for DWDM and fiber-wireless system application
- Bao, H. C.; Wen, Y. J.; Liu, H. F.; Nirmalathas, A.
- In this paper we propose a novel technique for the generation of wideband dual-mode pulses from a single subharmonically synchronous mode-locked laser diode (LD). The obtained pulse source exhibits high extinction ratio (>15 dB) and low timing jitter (<0.5 ps) over all the channels from 1550 to 1564 nm. The proposed scheme is cost-effective and a promising candidate as a pulse source for generation of carrier suppressed return-to-zero (CSRZ) modulation format in dense wavelength division multiplexed (DWDM) systems and optical generation of millimeter-wave frequency signals in multiple channel fiber wireless systems.
- Publication type
- Conference abstract
- Proceedings of The 5th Pacific Rim Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics (CLEO/Pacific Rim 2003), Taiwan, 15-19 December 2003, p. 53
- Publication year
- Laser mode locking; Millimetre wave generation; Optical fibre communication; Optical modulation; Optical pulse generation; Semiconductor lasers
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2002 IEEE. Published version of the paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher. Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from the IEEE.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed