Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Recent science from Australian large-scale millimetre mapping projects: proceedings from a Swinburne University Workshop
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/59273
- Recent science from Australian large-scale millimetre mapping projects: proceedings from a Swinburne University Workshop
- Bains, I.; Breen, S. L.; Burton, M. G.; Cunningham, Maria R.; Jones, Paul A.; Kawamura, A.; Lo, Nadia; Rowell, G. P.; Walsh, A.
- Since the recent upgrades to the Australia Telescope National Facility (ATNF) Mopra telescope back-end and receiver system, it has risen from an under-subscribed facility to a sought-after instrument with heavy international competition to gain time. Furthermore, the introduction of the on-the-fly mapping capability in 2004 has made this technique one of Mopra's most popular observing modes. In addition, the recent upgrade of the NANTEN millimetre-wavelength telescope to the sub-millimetre NANTEN2 instrument, has provided a complementary, higher-frequency facility to Mopra. A two-day workshop was held at Swinburne University in June 2008 to disseminate the current state of ongoing large-scale mapping projects and associated spin-offs that the telescopes' upgrades have facilitated, and to decide upon future research directions. Here, we provide a summary of the result-oriented talks as a record of the state of Australian-access single-dish millimetre science in 2008.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies. Centre for Astrophysics and Supercomputing
- Publications of the Astronomical Society of Australia, Vol. 26, no. 2 (2009), pp. 110-120
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0201 Astronomical and Space Sciences
- Galactic center region; Gamma-ray emission; ISM clouds; ISM jets; ISM outflows; ISM radio continuum; Large magellanic cloud; Methanol masers; Molecular clouds; Molecules; Particle acceleration; SIO emission; Southern Milky; Star formation; Supernova remnant RX-J0852.0-4622; Workshop report
- CSIRO Publications
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © Astronomical Society of Australia 2009.
- Peer reviewed