Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/59368
- Towards a functional analysis of delinquent behaviour: a pilot study
- Jones, R. S. P.; Heskin, K. J.
- The events surrounding the delinquent behaviour of 21 juvenile offenders were examined in terms of the antecedents and consequences of these behaviours and with reference to the functional value of the behaviour to the individual. The results are analysed using reversal theory and the importance of the motivational state of the offender at the time the crime is carried out is stressed.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Counselling Psychology Quarterly, Vol. 1, no. 1 (1988), pp. 35-42
- Publication year
- Adolescent offenders; Behaviour disorders; Criminology; Delinquent behaviour; Juvenile offenders; Male delinquency; Motivating factors; Psychosocial environment; Psychosocial factors
- Taylor & Francis
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 1988 Taylor & Francis.
- Peer reviewed