Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/62480
- Accessing relational databases via XML schema
- Liu, Chengfei; Guo, Minyi; Liu, Jixue
- This paper proposes a new architecture for publishing relational data as XML documents. The architecture allows users to access relational databases via XML schema which is transformed from the underlying relational database schema. XML queries can be issued directly against the XML schema and then be translated into corresponding SQL queries. The SQL query results are converted into XML documents and returned to users. In the paper, the architecture and its components are presented.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Short paper proceedings of 'Information systems for a connected society', the 15th Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering (CAiSE Form), Klagenfurt/Velden, Austria, 16-20 June 2003 / Johann Eder and Tatjana Welzer (eds.), Vol. 74, pp. 17-20
- Publication year
- Database design; eXtensible markup language; Schema transformation; SQL; Standard query language; XML
- University of Maribor Press
- 9788643505496, 8643505498
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2003.
- Peer reviewed