Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/63734
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 28 KB)|
- Gillian Armstrong
- Ninnis, Elizabeth
- Gillian Armstong came to prominence in the 1970s as an outstanding young Australian film director, who has gone on to achieve sustained international success. Alongside filmmakers like Bruce Beresford, John Duigan, Phil Noyce, Fred Schepisi and Peter Weir, her early work was supported by a new national film industry, giving expression to an individual creative vision and an Australian content.
- Publication type
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Design
- Paper appeared in the catalogue for 'Pen to pixel: 100 years of design education at Swinburne', Chapel off Chapel, Prahran, Melbourne, Australia, 17 July-03 August 2008, curated by Nanette Carter, pp. 27-29
- Publication year
- Australia; Film direction; History; National film industry; Pen to pixel; Swinburne University of Technology
- Swinburne University of Technology
- Copyright © 2008 Swinburne University of Technology.
- Additional information
- The Faculty of Design at Swinburne University of Technology presented an exhibition celebrating the work of outstanding designers and media practitioners. The exhibition was held in association with the 2008 Melbourne International Design Festival.
- Full text