Home List of Titles Scanning near-field transmission and confocal micro-spectroscopy characterization of direct laser written rare-earth doped lithium niobate three-dimensional photonic crystals
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/63772
- Scanning near-field transmission and confocal micro-spectroscopy characterization of direct laser written rare-earth doped lithium niobate three-dimensional photonic crystals
- Lamela, Jorge; Rodenas, Airan; Jaque, Daniel; Lifante, Gines; Zhou, Guangyong; Jaque, Francisco; Gu, Min
- Reports on the optical micro-characterization of direct laser written rare-earth doped lithium niobate threedimensional photonic crystals. The femtosecond laser microstructural changes inside lithium niobate are first studied by a combination of confocal micro-Raman, rare-earth micro-luminescence and scanning near-field back-scattering microscopy, revealing a complex three-dimensional topology consisting of amorpohus (low index), unmodified (matrix index), and compressed (high index) lithium niobate. Further scanning near-field transmission images reveal specific features such as optical channeling which are not observed in far-field optical microscopy, and are theoretically interpreted in terms of the previous observed three-dimensional topologies.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Sciences. Centre for Micro-Photonics
- Abstracts of the Nanophotonics Down Under 2009 Devices and Applications Conference, Melbourne, Australia, 21-24 June 2009, pp. 127-128
- Publication year
- Confocal micro-Raman spectra; Fermotosecond laser; Optical microscopy; Photonic crystals; Three-dimensional topologies
- Centre for Micro-Photonics, Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Sciences, Swinburne University of Technology
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2009.
- Peer reviewed