Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/63998
- Victorian Premier looks to the US for better candidate selection
- Colvin, Mark; Lauder, Simon; Brumby, John; Costar, Brian; Melhem, Cesar
- The Victorian Premier, John Brumby, has spoken about introducing a US style system for selecting election candidates, giving more choice to Labor voters. Mr Brumby admits that it's a complex proposal but he says that it would help encourage participation in democracy. It's an idea which the Premier would hope could rid the Victorian Labor Party of its problems with factional infighting and branch-stacking.
- Publication type
- Media interview
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology
- PM, presented by Mark Colvin, 27 August 2009
- Publication year
- Australia; Candidates; Elections; Labor Party; United States; Victoria; Voting
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2009 Australian Broadcasting Corporation.