Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/64976
- E-commerce in digital publishing: some indicators from a research project
- Martin, Bill; Tian, Xuemei; Deng, Hepu
- This paper initially provides a snapshot of the landscape surrounding the Australian publishing industry. It progresses to a brief summary of the findings of case study interviews conducted with Australia's leading publishers on the subject of the current and future potential impact of digital technologies within the Australian industry. The paper discusses the diverse range of technologies that have or will have significant relevance on the publishing industry, with evidence on their impact on the business models of Australian book publishers. Finally the paper identifies some major issues, including those specifically relevant to e-business, likely to confront Australian publishers in the future.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the International Association for Development of the Information Society (IADIS) International Conference e-Commerce, The Algarve, Portugal, 07-09 December 2007
- Publication year
- Australia; Digital publishing; e-Book publishing; e-Business
- IADIS press
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2007 IADIS.
- Peer reviewed