Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/65976
|Download PDF (Author's final draft) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Gulliver: head, shoulders (and knees) above the rest?
- Whitehead, Derek; Toohey, Rebecca
- First, Gulliver is described and put into a Victorian Government policy context---what is it, and what does it aim to achieve? Gulliver is part of Libraries Online, a Victorian Government program which links with the Commonwealth’s Rural Libraries Online. Gulliver builds on these development initiatives by adding content to the network. Gulliver is one of a group of Victorian Government information society initiatives. It will ensure that quality, easy-to-use and up-to-date information on a diverse range of topics is available to all Victorians. Second, the global context---is Gulliver head, shoulders (and knees) above the rest? The Gulliver initiative will be placed in a wider context and linked to the Virtual Victorian Library.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Paper presented at 'Books and bytes: technologies for the hybrid library', the 10th VALA Biennial Conference and Exhibition, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 16-18 February 2000
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 080706 Librarianship; 160503 Communications and Media Policy
- Australia; Bibliographic databases; Government policy; Gulliver; Libraries; Online access; Networked information; Public libraries; Victorian Government; Virtual Victorian Library
- Victorian Association for Library Automation
- 9780908478149, 0908478143
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2000 Derek Whitehead and Rebecca Toohey.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed