Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/66643
|Download PDF (Accepted manuscript) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 151 KB)|
- ROADMAP: extending the Gaia methodology for complex open systems
- Juan, Thomas; Pearce, Adrian; Sterling, Leon
- This paper is concerned with improving the software engineering of agent-based open systems. It critiques the existing Gaia methodology in the light of a motivating example of intelligent home networks. It describes the ROADMAP1 methodology, which extends Gaia with four improvements - formal models of knowledge and the environment, role hierarchies, explicit representation of social structures and relationships, and incorporation of dynamic changes.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS '02), Bologna, Italy, 15-19 July 2002 / C. Castelfranchi and W. L. Johnson (eds.), pp. 3-10
- Publication year
- Agent organisation; Agent oriented software engineering; Computer aided software engineering; Gaia methodology; Household appliances; Intelligent networks; Internet; Knowledge model; Large scale systems; Methodologies; Multi-agent systems; Open systems; Personal computers; Servers; Software agents
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2002 ACM. This is the author's version of the work. It is posted here by permission of ACM for your personal use. Not for redistribution. The definitive version was published in Proceedings of AAMAS, 2002. http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/544741.544744.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed