Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/66663
|Download PDF (Accepted manuscript) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- A meta-model for intelligent adaptive multi-agent systems in open environments
- Juan, Thomas; Sterling, Leon
- In this paper, we introduce the ROADMAP meta-model, designed to describe intelligent adaptive multi-agent systems in open environments. The meta-model captures our understanding of the properties of such systems and our perspective on organizational concepts such as roles. It defines agent constructs such as agents and roles, and their inter-relationships such as aggregation, in a way that best facilitates the development of intelligent adaptive systems in open environments. We intend to use the meta-model for knowledge sharing. We expect developers of AOSE methodologies, tools, programming languages and frameworks to benefit from understanding the design and structure of the ROADMAP meta-model. By adopting the meta-model, the resulting methodologies, tools and languages should inherit its desirable characteristics and better support the development of intelligent adaptive systems in open environments.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS '03), Melbourne, Australia, 14-18 July 2003 / J. S. Rosenschein, T. Sandholm, M. Wooldridge, and M. Yakoo (eds.), Vol. 2, pp. 1024-1025
- Publication year
- Agent-oriented software engineering; Artificial intelligence; Intelligent adaptive systems; Knowledge based systems; Meta-model; Multi-agent systems; Open environments; Open systems; Software engineering; Software quality
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © ACM 2003. This is the accepted manuscript of the work. It is posted here by permission of ACM for your personal use. Not for redistribution. The definitive version was published in Proceedings of AAMAS, 2003. http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/860575.860777.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed