Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/68271
|Download PDF (Accepted manuscript) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Minimal common container of tree patterns
- Wang, Junhu; Yu, Jeffrey; Pang, Chaoyi; Liu, Chengfei
- Tree patterns represent important fragments of XPath. In this paper, we show that some classes of tree patterns exhibit such a property that, given a finite number of tree patterns P1, ..., Pn, there exists another pattern P (tree pattern or DAG-pattern) such that P1, ..., Pn, are all contained in P, and for any tree pattern Q belonging to a given class C, P1, ..., Pn, are contained in Q implies P is contained in Q.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology.
- Paper presented at the 18th ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM 2009), Hong Kong, China, 02-06 November 2009, Poster session 1: DB, pp. 1409-1412
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0806 Information Systems; 080404 Markup Languages; 080505 Web Technologies (excl. Web Search); 080604 Database Management
- Containment; Tree patterns; XPath
- ACM Press
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2009 ACM. This is the author's version of the work. It is posted here by permission of ACM for your personal use. Not for redistribution. The definitive version was presented at CIKM, 2009. http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1645953.1646132.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed