Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/68270
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Building a repository for workflow systems
- Liu, Chengfei; Lin, Xuemin; Zhou, Xiaofang; Orlowska, Maria E.
- Workflow technology is becoming the key technology for business process modeling, reengineering and automating. During the workflow specification, enactment and administration, there may appear various types of metadata about workflow specifications and instances. A repository manager is, therefore, necessary to store and manage these metadata. In this paper, a workflow metamodel is proposed first. Then the requirements of repository support for workflows are explored and analyzed. Based on the requirements, an object oriented design for the repository manager is presented.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the 31st Conference on Technology of Object-Oriented Language and Systems (TOOLS 31), Nanjing, China, 22-25 September 1999 / Jian Chen, Jian Lu, Bertrand Meyer (eds.), pp. 348-357
- Publication year
- Managers; Object oriented design; Repositories; Workflow technology
- 1530-2067 (series ISSN)
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 1999 IEEE. Published version of the paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher. Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from the IEEE.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed