Add to My Folder
Permanent link: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/68917
- A data envelopment analysis of the efficiency of Victorian TAFE institutes
- In recent years the provision of vocational education and training has been recognised as having a vital role to play in improving Australia's economic performance and in alleviating the hardship of the long term unemployed. The importance of education and training gives rise to the issue of operating educational institutions with a high level of efficiency. In this article, Data Envelopment Analysis is used to derive estimates of the technical and scale efficiency of Victorian Technical and Further Education Institutes in 1995. The results reveal substantial dispersion in technical and scale efficiencies. Regression analysis is used to identify variables which are associated with technical inefficiency.
- Publication Type
- Journal article
- Australian Economic Review, Vol. 35, no. 1 (Mar 2002), pp. 55-69
- Publication Year
- FOR Code(s)
- Wiley-Blackwell Publishing
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research 2002.
- Peer Reviewed