Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/1473
- Dynamic checking of temporal constraints for concurrent workflows
- Li, Hongchen; Yang, Yun
- At present, workflow management systems have not sufficiently dealt with the issues of time, involving time modelling at build-time and time management at run-time. They are lack of the ability to support the checking of temporal constraints at run-time. Although some approaches have been devised to tackle this problem, they are limited to a single workflow and use only static techniques to verify temporal constraints. In reality, there are multiple workflows executing concurrently in a workflow management system. There may well exist resource constraints between these concurrent workflows, which affect significantly the verification of temporal constraints at run-time. This paper proposes a novel approach for dynamic verification of temporal constraints for concurrent workflows. We first investigate resource constraints in workflow management systems, and then define concurrent workflow executions. Based on these definitions, we propose a verification method by analysing the temporal relationship and resource constraints between activities among concurrent workflows.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies. Centre for Internet Computing and E-Commerce
- Electronic commerce research and applications, Vol. 4, no. 2 (Summer 2005), pp. 124-142
- Publication year
- Concurrent workflows; Workflow specifications; Workflow verification; Temporal constraints; Resource constraints
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2004 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Peer reviewed