Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Youth work training package review: more of the same or radical rationalisation?
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/70978
- Youth work training package review: more of the same or radical rationalisation?
- Corney, Tim; Broadbent, Robyn
- The development of a national youth work training package in Australia began over 15 years ago. The current package sits under the umbrella of the general Community Services Industry Training Package. The first stage of a review of this package has been completed and the subsequent report not only confirms the recent trend towards the privatisation and employer domination of the training process, and the subsequent de-professionalisation and multi-vocational skilling of traditional youth work, but also raises serious questions regarding the future of stand-alone youth work training in the VET and TAFE sectors in Australia.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Youth Studies Australia, Vol. 26, no. 3 (Sep 2007), pp. 36-43
- Publication year
- Australia; Community Services Industry Training Package; TAFE; Training; VET; Youth
- Australian Clearinghouse for Youth Studies
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2007 The Authors. Journal compilation copyright © 2007 Australian Clearinghouse for Youth Studies.
- Peer reviewed