Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/71406
- Lems, Annika; Moderbacher, Christine; Youssef, Sofyann Ben
- 'Harraga' is the way those people, who see themselves as a 'lost generation' are named all over the Maghrebian countries. They rather accept dying in the sea than deedless waiting in forced stagnation. While pictures about anonymous human masses shape our view on flight and migration, the affected people themselves hardly ever get a chance to speak. As an attempt to break this forced silence, the two Viennese anthropology-students Annika Lems and Christine Moderbacher set off with minimum resources to trace back the phenomenon of harraga. This resulted in a one-hour low-budget documentary, that tries to approach the subject in multiple ways.
- Publication type
- Publication year
- Harraga; Immigration; Migrant boats; Migration
- Arabic, French, German, Italian
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2009.
- Additional information
- Subtitles in English, French, German and Italian. Music by Sofyann Ben Youssef.