Search Swinburne Research Bank
This object has not yet been indexed by the background indexing service.
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/71522
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Implementation of a visual modeling tool for defining instance aspect in workflow
- Liu, Jianxun; Zhu, Zefeng; Wen, Yiping; Chen, Jinjun
- The instance-aspect oriented workflow management system is to vertically combine multiple workflow activity instances and submit them for execution as a whole according to some batch or combination logics. It is inspired by the idea of aspect-oriented programming methodology and aims at improving the execution efficiency of business processes. Traditional workflow systems do not support workflow model with instance aspects. In our previous work, we have studied workflow instance modeling technology. This paper makes a research on the principles, methods and implementation of a workflow visual GUI tool for modeling instance aspects in workflow. It is based on an open source GUI tool, Together Workflow Editor, and makes some expansion in instance aspect functionality.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies
- Paper presented at the IEEE International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Processing with Applications (ISPA 2009), Chengdu, China, 10-12 August 2009, pp. 647-652
- Publication year
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2009 IEEE. Published version of the paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher. Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from the IEEE.