Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Application of global analysis for the measurement of electrochemical parameters with disk electrodes
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/72084
- Application of global analysis for the measurement of electrochemical parameters with disk electrodes
- Mahon, Peter J.
- Global Analysis is applied to cyclic voltammograms obtained with the inlaid disk electrode geometry to calculate the characteristic transport, kinetic and thermodynamic parameters that describe the electron transfer process. The approximation that the concentration of the electroactive species at the electrode surface can be obtained by convolution of the current with a function appropriate under reversible conditions is tested. The results indicate that the approximation becomes less valid when the influence of combined slow electron transfer and mixed diffusion is apparent, which affects the accuracy of kinetic parameters but has only minor effect on the thermodynamic and transport parameters.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Life and Social Sciences
- Electrochimica Acta, Vol. 55, no. 3 (Jan 2010), pp. 673-680
- Publication year
- Convolution; Cyclic voltammetry; Disk electrode; Electrochemical kinetics; Global Analysis
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2009 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved..
- Peer reviewed