Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles KrF excimer laser trenching of X-cut LiNbO3 for realization of optimized optical modulator electrode structures
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/72085
- KrF excimer laser trenching of X-cut LiNbO3 for realization of optimized optical modulator electrode structures
- Chong, H. W.; Mitchell, A.; Hayes, J. P.; Austin, Michael W.
- An investigation of the micromachining of trenches in lithium niobate (LiNb03) using direct imaged 248 nm KrF excimer laser ablation is presented. Trenches 20 fim wide and 0.5-7.5 fim deep have been produced. These trenches are assessed and are deemed suitable for the machining of integrated electro-optic structures. Based on the characterized ablation conditions, trenches of high quality have been successfully fabricated on an X-cut optical modulator which is potentially important for the realization of efficient broadband optical intensity modulators.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Sciences. Industrial Research Institute Swinburne
- Journal of Micro/Nanolithography, Microfabrication and Microsystems, Vol. 1, no. 2 (Jul 2002), pp. 117-122
- Publication year
- Ablation; Laser trenching; Lithium niobate; Optical modulators; Surface machining
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2002 Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers.
- Peer reviewed