Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles A tale of a web services initiative: what really matters in benefits realization
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/72090
- A tale of a web services initiative: what really matters in benefits realization
- Prananto, Adi; Setyawan, Emmanuel Arnody; Kuzic, Joze
- Despite the reemerging focus on business value realization of IS/IT investment, there is still comparatively limited knowledge on what an organisation can do to achieve the benefits it desires from IS/IT. Amidst the economic downturn, there needs to be more emphasis on value delivery of every investments an organization made, including investment in IS/IT. Through a story of successful web services initiatives of a multinational automotive engineering and manufacturing company, this paper tries to draw attention to a myriad of factors that contributes to the successful business value realization .
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies
- Proceedings of the 31st International Conference on Information Technology Interfaces (ITI 2009), Cavtat, Croatia, 22-25 June 2009, pp. 137-144
- Publication year
- Benefits management; Benefits realization; Business technology alignment; ROI; SOA; Web services
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2009.
- Peer reviewed