Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/72224
- Workflow simulation across multiple workflow domains
- Zhao, Xiaohui
- In the scenario of multiple homogenous intra enterprise workflow domains, several partial processes cooperate according to certain interoperability models. In this case, workflow simulation requires more flexible and powerful mathematical models. In this paper, BCMP queuing network is imported to workflow based business process simulation filed for the first time. With its special multi-class and multi-chain characteristics, we can provide a workflow simulation across multiple domains using three basic interoperability models. This simulation approach accords well with the dynamic and randomness of workflow. Thus, we can report some performance indexes and analysis before deploying.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Lecture notes in computer science: proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications (DEXA 2002), Aix en Provence, France, 02-06 September 2002 / G. Goos, J. Hartmanis and J. van Leeuwen (eds.), Vol. 2453, pp. 375-398
- Publication year
- Workflow domains; Workflow simulation
- 9783540441267, 3540441263
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2002.
- Peer reviewed