Home List of Titles Characterization of a confocal microscope readout system in a photochromic polymer under two-photon excitation
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/72571
- Characterization of a confocal microscope readout system in a photochromic polymer under two-photon excitation
- Amistoso, Jose Omar; Gu, Min; Kawata, Satoshi
- We present a detailed experimental characterization of a confocal microscope readout system in a photochromic polymer under two-photon excitation. In particular, the effect of writing power, exposure time and recording depth on the contrast of the readout signal is explored. The reflected intensity of the recorded data bits is shown to be strongly dependent on the intensity of the writing laser and exposure time. The relative intensity initially shows an I2 dependence on power, followed by saturation. The saturation effect is also evident as exposure time is varied. These saturation features allow for reading of the stored bits with objectives whose numerical aperture is less than that used for writing (1.4 N.A.). Furthermore, a decrease in contrast is observed with an increase in layer depth.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. School of Biophysical Sciences and Electrical Engineering. Centre for Micro-Photonics
- Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 41, no. 8 (Aug 2002), pp. 5160-5165
- Publication year
- Confocal microscope; Laser recording; Microscopes; Photochromic polymers; Readout systems; Saturation effects; Two-photon excitation
- Institute of Pure and Applied Physics
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2002 The Japan Society of Applied Physics.
- Peer reviewed