Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles X-ray phase imaging: demonstration of extended conditions with homogeneous objects
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/74040
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 128 KB)|
- X-ray phase imaging: demonstration of extended conditions with homogeneous objects
- Turner, L. D.; Dhal, B. B.; Hayes, J. P.; Mancuso, A. P.; Nugent, K. A.; Paterson, D.; Scholten, R. E.; Tran, C. Q.; Peele, A. G.
- We discuss contrast formation in a propagating x-ray beam. We consider the validity conditions for linear relations based on the transport-of-intensity equation (TIE) and on contrast transfer functions (CTFs). From a single diffracted image, we recover the thickness of a homogeneous object which has substantial absorption and a phase-shift of -0.37 radian.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Sciences. Industrial Research Institute Swinburne
- Optics Express, Vol. 12, no. 13 (Jun 2004), pp. 2960-2965
- Publication year
- Absorption; Imaging systems; Propagation; Microscopic examination; TIE; Transport of intensity equation; X-ray diffraction; X-ray microscopy; X-ray phase imaging; X-rays
- Optical Society of America
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2004 Optical Society of America. Published version of the paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher. This paper was published in Optics Express and is made available as an electronic reprint with the permission of OSA. The paper can be found at the following URL on the OSA website: http://dx.doi.org/10.1364/OPEX.12.002960. Systematic or multiple reproduction or distribution to multiple locations via electronic or other means is prohibited and is subject to penalties under law.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed