Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/74039
- X-ray phase vortices: theory and experiment
- Peele, Andrew G.; Nugent, Keith A.; Mancuso, Adrian P.; Paterson, David; McNulty, Ian; Hayes, Jason P.
- We review the current work on x-ray phase vortices. We explain the role of an x-ray vortex in phase recovery and speculate on its possible applications in other fields of x-ray optical research. We present our theoretical understanding of the structure of phase vortices and test these predictions against experiment. We present experimental observations of phase vortices with charge greater than 3 and observe that their propagation appears to be consistent with our theoretical models.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Sciences. Industrial Research Institute Swinburne
- Journal of the Optical Society of America A: Optics, Image Science and Vision, Vol. 21, no. 8 (Aug 2004), pp. 1575-1584
- Publication year
- Bessel functions; Diffraction; Fresnel propagation; Iterative methods; Optical vortices; Phase recovery; Phase vortices; Propagation; X-ray optics; X-ray phase vortices
- Optical Society of America
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2004 Optical Society of America.
- Peer reviewed