Add to My Folder
Permanent link: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/75010
- Three-dimensional localisation of fluorescence resonance energy transfer in living cells under two-photon excitation
Xu, Ming G.;
Ludford-Menting, Mandy J.;
- Three-dimensional (3-D) imaging of fluorescence resonance energy transfer (FRET) in human cells under two-photon excitation was demonstrated in this study. A sample was prepared by expressing a donor and an acceptor in living cells and using an antibody to secure the proximity of contact between the donor and the acceptor. The quenching of fluorescence emission of a donor in the double-labelled cell indicates the presence of FRET that occurred in these living cells. Because of the quadratic relation of the excitation power, 3-D localisation of FRET becomes possible.
- Publication Type
- Book chapter
- Research Centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. School of Biophysical Sciences and Electrical Engineering. Centre for Micro-Photonics
- SPIE milestone series: selected papers on multiphoton excitation microscopy / B. R. Masters (ed.), pp. 369-373
- Publication Year
Fluorescence resonance energy transfer;
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2001 FAMS, Inc., Mahwah, NJ 07430.
- Peer Reviewed