Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/75508
- Advanced image analysis of molten slag for process control
- Subagyo; Brooks, Geoffrey
- The condition of slag in a pyrometallurgical reactor is vital to ensuring control of the process. A new technique based on multivariate image analysis (MIA) of digital images has been developed to provide an online measurement of important lag characteristics, such as the presence of exposed metal, the presence of solid phases, and temperature. This paper shall describe the technique and provide some results from analysis using industrial plant data.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the Yazawa International Symposium: Metallurgical and Materials Processing Principles and Technologies, San Diego, United States, 02-06 March 2003 / F. Kongoli, K. Itagaki, C. Yamauchi, and H. Y. Sohn (ed.), Vol. 1, pp. 475-483
- Publication year
- Image analysis; Molten slag; Process control
- The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society
- 9780873395465, 0873395468
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2003.
- Peer reviewed