Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Small screen, big scream: how much has the mobile really delivered, how much more to come?
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/76032
- Small screen, big scream: how much has the mobile really delivered, how much more to come?
- Given, Jock; Wong, Dan; Samarajiva, Rohan; Taniwaki, Yasu
- The panel discussed that in 2011 there will be 5 billion mobile devices connecting us - voice, text and broadband. How will the new global conversation alter social interaction and change our systems and economies? What happens to media markets if and when the mobile phone becomes the do-it-all personal device? Is high adoption of wireless broadband now a key factor for national economies to be internationally competitive? Where and how do policy makers and regulators engage with this? How can we ensure consumers are both empowered and protected?
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Paper presented at International Institute of Communications 2009 Annual Conference: Trends in Global Communications: Capturing the High Ground in an Uncertain World, Hong Kong, 03-04 November 2008
- Publication year
- Communications; Mobile devices; Telecommunications
- International Institute of Communications
- Publisher URL
- Copyright 2008.