Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Fabrication of a pi-phase-shifted fiber Bragg grating at twice the Bragg wavelength with a standard phase mask
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/76956
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Fabrication of a pi-phase-shifted fiber Bragg grating at twice the Bragg wavelength with a standard phase mask
- Yam, Sui P.; Brodzeli, Zourab; Kouskousis, Betty P.; Rollinson, Claire M.; Wade, Scott A.; Baxter, Greg W.; Collins, Stephen F.
- A pair of reflection peaks/transmission dips, at twice the Bragg wavelength, were observed in spectra of a Type I fiber Bragg grating written with the standard phase mask technique. The occurrence of two peaks/ dips, rather than one, is attributed to the interleaved refractive index modulations along the fiber core, with the periodicity of the phase mask that has been observed previously in images of gratings that cause destructive interference in a reflected wave at the Bragg condition owing to the π phase difference between the grating phases. Thus the standard phase mask technique produced an alternative type of π-phase-shifted grating at twice the design Bragg wavelength.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Optics Letters, Vol. 34, no. 13 (2009), pp. 2021-2023
- Publication year
- Bragg gratings; Bragg wavelength; Standard phase mask technique
- Optical Society of America
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2009 Optical Society of America. This paper was published in Optics Letters and is made available as an electronic reprint with the permission of OSA. The paper can be found at the following URL on the OSA website: http://dx.doi.org/10.1364/OL.34.002021. Systematic or multiple reproduction or distribution to multiple locations via electronic or other means is prohibited and is subject to penalties under law.
- Additional information
- The authors acknowledge the financial support of the Australian Research Council. S. P. Yam, B. P. Kouskousis, and C. M. Rollinson acknowledge Victoria University for postgraduate scholarships.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed