Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Observation of an Efimov resonance in an ultracold mixture of atoms and weakly bound dimers
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/77240
- Observation of an Efimov resonance in an ultracold mixture of atoms and weakly bound dimers
- Knoop, S.; Ferlaino, F.; Berninger, M.; Mark, M.; H. -C. Nager; Grimm, R.
- We discuss our recent observation of an atom-dimer Efimov resonance in an ultracold mixture of Cs atoms and Cs2 Feshbach molecules [Nature Phys. 5, 227 (2009)]. We review our experimental procedure and present additional data involving a non-universal g-wave dimer state, to contrast our previous results on the universal s-wave dimer. We resolve a seeming discrepancy when quantitatively comparing our experimental findings with theoretical results from effective field theory.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Journal of Physics: Conference Series: proceedings of the XXVI International Conference on Photonic, Electronic and Atomic Collisions, Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States, 22-28 July 2009, Vol. 194, part 1 (2009)
- Publication year
- Atoms; Dimers; Efimov resonance; Feshbach molecules; Ultracold gases
- IOP Publishing
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2009 IOP Publishing Ltd.
- Peer reviewed