Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/78295
- Urban indicators and the management of cities
- Newton, Peter W.
- The enormous challenges for those who manage cities include providing adequate urban services and amenities, alleviating urban poverty, designing new infrastructure, establishing systems of governance, and revitalizing slum neighborhoods. These challenges are multiplied when growth is rapid and continuous, where there are critical shortages of capital, skills, and information, and where levels of poverty and inequality are extreme. All these factors exist in Asia.
- Publication type
- Book chapter
- Urban indicators for managing cities / M. S. Westfall and V. A. de Villa (eds.), pp. 15-36
- Publication year
- Cities; Indicators frameworks; Management; Policy making; Urban indicators
- Asian Development Bank
- 9789715613125, 9715613128
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2001 by the Asian Development Bank.
- Peer reviewed