Add to My Folder
Permanent link: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/79217
- Expert system for multidiameter drill selection: an embedded knowledge base approach
- This paper describes the development of an expert system for selection of multidiameter drills. These drills are used for stepped hole drilling operations. The structure of an expert system for multidiameter drills is outlined. The aim of this development was to establish a framework for an expert system which uses existing tools to combine a rule-based knowledge base, a database and online help including diagnostics working together within the Windows environment. A new intelligent system structure, operating in the Windows environment, has provided more flexibility and user friendliness than other similar systems.
- Publication Type
- Journal article
- Research Centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Industrial Research Institute Swinburne
- The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 15, no. 1 (Jan 1999), pp. 1-6
- Publication Year
- FOR Code(s)
0910 Manufacturing Engineering
Stepped hole drilling;
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 1999 Springer-Verlag London Limited.
- Peer Reviewed