Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Total factor productivity and efficiency in Australian colleges of advanced education
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/79346
- Total factor productivity and efficiency in Australian colleges of advanced education
- Abbott, Malcolm; Doucouliagos, Chris
- The former colleges of advanced education were an important component of the higher education sector in Australia. Uses the Malmquist total factor productivity index to investigate the efficiency and productivity of Australian colleges of advanced education during the 1980s. The results from this analysis indicate that these colleges recorded modest growth in technical change and total factor productivity, but did not fare all that well in terms of growth in technical and scale efficiency during the 1980s. As a group, however, the former colleges of advanced education had attained high levels of technical and scale efficiency.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Journal of Educational Administration, Vol. 39, no. 4 (2001), pp. 384-393
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 1303 Specialist Studies in Education
- Australia; Efficiency; Higher education; Productivity
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2001 Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
- Peer reviewed