Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/80572
- Australian Council of Trade Unions
- Love, Peter
- The peak council of the Australian trade union movement represents some 2.4 million workers through 49 affiliated unions. It has a Labour Council branch in each State and a policy-making process which works through a biennial Congress of about 1000 delegates, an annual Council of 100 and a 40-member Executive which meets quarterly. Originally committed to a socialisation objective, much of its work has been concerned with co-ordinating and consolidating union activity across Australia.
- Publication type
- Reference entry
- The encyclopedia of Melbourne / A. Brown-May and S. Swain (eds.), p. 46
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 160699 Political Science not elsewhere classified
- Australian Council of Trade Unions; History; Melbourne; Trade unions
- Cambridge University Press
- 9780521842341, 0521842344
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © Monash University 2005.