Home List of Titles Adaptive fuzzy multi-surface sliding mode for control for a class of nonlinear systems
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/81073
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 443 KB)|
- Adaptive fuzzy multi-surface sliding mode for control for a class of nonlinear systems
- Khoo, Suiyang; Man, Zhihong; Zhao, Shengkui
- An adaptive fuzzy multi-surface sliding mode control is proposed for a class of nonlinear systems with mismatched uncertainties. It is shown that the Mamdani fuzzy logic-based function approximator is used to learn the system uncertainties first, and the iterative multi-surface sliding mode design is then carried out. Using the concept of terminal sliding mode to design the baseline controller, not only strong robustness with respect to approximation errors and nonlinearities can be obtained, but also the tracking error can be proven to converge to a small neighborhood of the origin in finite time. Simulation results are provided to show the effectiveness of the proposed approach.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications (ICIEA 2007), Harbin, China, 23-25 May 2007, pp. 1095-1100
- Publication year
- Adaptive control; Adaptive fuzzy control; Baseline controller; Fuzzy control; Fuzzy logic; Iterative methods; Iterative multisurface sliding mode control; Mamdani fuzzy logic-based function approximator; Mismatched uncertainties; Nonlinear control systems; Nonlinear systems; Variable structure systems
- 9781424407378, 1424407370
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2007 IEEE. Published version of the paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher. Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from the IEEE.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed