Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Uncertainty relations for the realization of macroscopic quantum superpositions and EPR paradoxes
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/81162
- Uncertainty relations for the realization of macroscopic quantum superpositions and EPR paradoxes
- Cavalcanti, E. G.; Reid, M. D.
- We present a unified approach, based on the use of quantum uncertainty relations, for arriving at criteria for the demonstration of the EPR paradox and macroscopic superpositions. We suggest to view each criterion as a means to demonstrate an EPR-type paradox, where there is an inconsistency between the assumptions of a form of realism, either macroscopic realism (MR) or local realism (LR), and the completeness of quantum mechanics.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Journal of Modern Optics, Vol. 54, no. 16-17 (Nov 2007), pp. 2373-2380
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0205 Optical Physics; 0206 Quantum Physics; 1007 Nanotechnology
- Local realism; LR; Macroscopic quantum superpositions; Macroscopic realism; MR; Quantum electronics; Quantum optics; Quantum uncertainty relations; Uncertainty analysis
- Taylor & Francis
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2007 Taylor & Francis.
- Peer reviewed