Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/81159
- Signatures for generalized macroscopic superpositions
- Cavalcanti, E. G.; Reid, M. D.
- We develop criteria sufficient to enable detection of macroscopic coherence where there are not just two macroscopically distinct outcomes for a pointer measurement, but rather a spread of outcomes over a macroscopic range. The criteria provide a means to distinguish a macroscopic quantum description from a microscopic one based on mixtures of microscopic superpositions of pointer-measurement eigenstates. The criteria are applied to Gaussian-squeezed and spin-entangled states.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Physical Review Letters, Vol. 97, no. 17 (Oct 2006), article no. 170405
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 01 Mathematical Sciences; 02 Physical Sciences; 09 Engineering
- Coherent light; Eigenvalues and eigenfunctions; Gaussian-squeezed states; Macroscopic coherence; Microscopic examination; Pointer-measurement eigenstates; Quantum theory; Superposition
- American Physical Society
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2006 The American Physical Society.
- Peer reviewed