Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/81176
- Magnetic microstructures in integrated atom optics
- Sidorov, Andrei
- We report progress in our project on Integrated Atom Optics. We are exploring methods of producing surface-based microscopic atom optical elements that are made from permanent magnetic films and current-carrying microwires. We will discuss different configurations of microtraps, waveguides and couplers that can manipulate atomic de Broglie waves on the surface of a substrate. In particular we will describe the characteristics of a mirror magneto-optical trap that has allowed trapping of rubidium atoms in vicinity of a surface.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Paper presented at the Bose-Einstein Condensation and Quantum Information Workshop (BECQI 2003), Caloundra, Australia, 16-20 February 2003
- Publication year
- Atom optics; Magnetic films; Microwires
- Australian Centre for Quantum-Atom Optics, Department of Physics, University of Queensland
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2003.