Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/81175
- Rail life prediction for tramcars under full slip regime
- Desimone, H.; Beretta, S.; Kapoor, A.
- In a previous paper (1), a method to analyse the rolling contact fatigue damage on a tramcar rail section, starting from the dynamical simulations of it, has been proposed. In the present work, the referred method is applied to obtain the so-called 'ratchetting maps' i.e., the damage region, for a given number of cycles, of a rail section due to the accumulation of plastic flow. Also, the influence of the rail material strength, in terms of its yield shear stress, is analysed.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Fracture (ICF XI), Turin Italy, 20-25 March 2005
- Publication year
- Fatigue damage; Rail materials; Ratchetting maps; Rolling contact fatigue; Tramcars
- CCI Centro Congressi Internazionale
- 9788890318801, 8890318805
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2005.
- Peer reviewed