Home List of Titles Analysis of the dynamics of a mechanical Q-switched CO2 laser: six-temperature model
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/81201
- Analysis of the dynamics of a mechanical Q-switched CO2 laser: six-temperature model
- Wang, Tie-Jun; Gao, Jin-Yue; He, Qiong-Yi; Ma, Tao; Jiang, Yun; Kang, Zhi-Hui
- A six-temperature kinetic model for a CO2-N2-He system is used to describe the dynamic processes of a mechanical Q-switched CO2 laser that is set up using a fast chopper. We put special emphasis on the effect of dynamical parameters on the laser intensity. It takes into account the effects of electrical excitation, energy transfer processes, thermal energy transport, as well as the dissociation of CO2 molecules and rotational relaxation of rotational levels. The results calculated are in satisfactory agreement with experimental data.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 98, no. 7 (Oct 2005), article no. 073102
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 01 Mathematical Sciences; 02 Physical Sciences; 09 Engineering
- Carbon compounds; Dissociation; Excited states; Gas lasers; Kinetic theory; Laser beams; Q-switching; Six-temperature model
- American Institute of Physics
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2005 American Institute of Physics.
- Peer reviewed