Home List of Titles Comparison between four-level model and six-temperature model on the description of a simple mechanical Q-switched CO2 laser
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/81197
- Comparison between four-level model and six-temperature model on the description of a simple mechanical Q-switched CO2 laser
- Wang, Tie-Jun; He, Qiong-Yi; Gao, Jin-Yue; Sun, Han; Kang, Zhi-Hui; Jiang, Yun; Zhang, Ying-Fei
- We investigate both the four-level model and the six-temperature model to describe the dynamical processes of a simple mechanical Q-switched CO2 laser that is realized by a fast chopper. The Q-switched process and the effect of the dynamic parameters on the output intensity of the Q-switched CO2 laser are reported using the two models. Theoretical comparisons between the two models on the effect of dynamical parameters, and the experimental results are presented. Both the models are well consistent with the experimental one for the main output laser pulse.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 100, no. 2 (Jul 2006), article no. 023121
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 01 Mathematical Sciences; 02 Physical Sciences; 09 Engineering
- Carbon compounds; Gas lasers; Q-switching; Optical pulse generation
- American Institute of Physics
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2006 American Institute of Physics.
- Peer reviewed