Home List of Titles Coherently induced stop-bands in resonantly absorbing and inhomogeneously broadened doped crystals
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/81195
- Coherently induced stop-bands in resonantly absorbing and inhomogeneously broadened doped crystals
- He, Qiong-Yi; Xue, Yan; Artoni, M.; La Rocca, G. C.; Xu, Ji-Hua; Gao, Jin-Yue
- Inhomogeneously broadened doped solids supporting electromagnetically induced transparency are viable materials where optically tunable photonic band gaps may be observed and results are shown for Pr:YSO and nitrogen-vacancy color center materials. Such crystals, when coherently driven by a strong pump beam in a suitably designed standing wave configuration, exhibit a tunable stop-band with rather different values of the reflectivity. The different propagating behavior is investigated and characterized for a weak probe across the gap region of the two materials.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Physical Review B: Condensed Matter and Materials Physics, Vol. 73, no. 19 (May 2006), article no. 195124
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 01 Mathematical Sciences; 02 Physical Sciences; 09 Engineering
- Colour centres; Optical pumping; Optical tuning; Photonic band gap; Photonic crystals; Praseodymium; Reflectivity; Transparency; Vacancies (crystal); Yttrium compounds
- American Physical Society
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2006 The American Physical Society.
- Peer reviewed