Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Review of condition assessment and retrofitting techniques for timber bridge assets in Australia
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/81290
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Review of condition assessment and retrofitting techniques for timber bridge assets in Australia
- Balendra, T.; Wilson, J. L.; Gad, E. F.
- This paper provides an overview of the types of timber bridges in Australia and identifies the shortcoming associated with the ageing stock in order to preserve these assets and render them safe and useable under new loading standards. Methods available to assess the condition and residual capacity of timber bridges by non destructive techniques and retrofitting techniques to enhance the strength are discussed, with the objective of increasing the design life and satisfying strength criterion.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology
- Advances in Structural Engineering, Vol. 13, no. 1 (Feb 2010), pp. 171-180
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0905 Civil Engineering
- Australia; Condition assessment; Durability; Failure modes; Loading conditions; Rehabilitation; Structural upgrades; Timber bridges
- Multi-Science Publishing
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © Multi-Science Publishing Co Ltd. Published version of this paper reproduced here with the kind permission of the publisher.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed