Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/81319
- An annotated corpus of tutorial dialogs on mathematical theorem proving
- Wolska, Magdalena; Vo, Bao Quoc; Tsovaltzi, Dimitra; Kruijff-Korbayova, Ivana; Karagjosova, Elena; Horacek, Helmut; Fiedler, Armin; Benzmuller, Christoph
- Our goal is to develop a flexible dialog system for tutoring mathematical problem solving. Empirical findings in the area of intelligent tutoring show that flexible natural language dialog supports active learning. Therefore, we focus on the development of solutions allowing flexible dialog. However, little is known about the use of natural language in dialog settings in formal domains, such as mathematics, due to the lack of empirical data. We designed and performed an expierment with simulated tutorial dialog system for teaching proofs in naive set theory. To investigate the correlation between (i) domain-specific content and its linguistic realization, and (ii) the use, distribution, and linguistic realization of dialog moves, we are annotating the corpus with (i) dependency-based semantic relations that build up the linguistic meaning of the utterances and (ii) with dialog moves.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC 2004), Lisbon, Portugal, 26-28 May 2004
- Publication year
- Dialog system; Mathematical theorem proving; Tutorial; Tutoring
- European Language Resources Association / Evaluations and Language Resources Distribution Agency
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2004.
- Peer reviewed