Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/81314
- Language phenomena in tutorial dialogs on mathematical proofs
- Benzmuller, Christoph; Fiedler, Armin; Gabsdil, Malte; Horacek, Helmut; Kruijff-Korbayova, Ivana; Tsovaltzi, Dimitra; Vo, Bao Quoc; Wolska, Magdalena
- Dialogs in formal domains, such as mathematics, are characterized by a mixture of telegraphic natural language text and embedded formal expressions. Due to the lack of empirical data for such environments, we have collected a corpus of dialogs with a simulated tutoring system for teaching proofs in naive set theory. The analysis of this corpus enabled us to identify genre-specific variants of linguistic phenomena which impose specific requirements on natural language dialog management.
- Publication type
- Conference poster
- Proceedings of the 7th Workshop on the Semantics and Pragmatics of Dialogue (DiaBruck), Saarbruecken, Germany, 04-06 September 2003
- Publication year
- Linguistic phenomena; Mathematical proofs; Natural language; Requirements; Tutorial dialogs
- Faculty for Computational Linguistics and Phonetics, Saarland University
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2003.
- Peer reviewed