Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Structure of teichoic acid from the marine proteobacterium Sulfitobacter brevis KMM 6006
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/81498
- Structure of teichoic acid from the marine proteobacterium Sulfitobacter brevis KMM 6006
- Gorshkova, R. P.; Isakov, V. V.; Shevchenko, L. S.; Ivanova, E. P.; Denisenko, V. A.; Nazarenko, E. L.
- A glycopolymer was isolated from the marine gram-negative bacterium Sulfitobacter brevis strain KMM 6006 and found to be teichoic acid containing ribitol, glycerine, and N-acetyl-D-glucosamine. The polymeric chain consisted of alternating 1,5-poly(4-N-acetyl-β-D-glucosaminylribitophosphate) and 1,3-poly(glycerophosphate) based on 13C and 31P NMR spectroscopy of the native polymer and the glycoside obtained by its dephosphorylation.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Chemistry of Natural Compounds, Vol. 43, no. 6 (Nov 2007), pp. 643-647
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0305 Organic Chemistry
- Glycoside; NMR spectroscopy; Sulfitobacter brevis; Teichoic acid
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2007 Springer Science+Business Media, Inc.
- Peer reviewed